We have a new opportunity at Saga Group for an Assistant Financial Accountant to join the team based in Enbrook, Folkestone. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and receive a highly competitive salary and package.
Saga is the UK’s leading provider of insurance, travel, personal finance and healthcare products and services tailored to the needs of the over 50s. When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
The Assistant Financial Accountant Role
Reporting to the Financial Accountant, you will support the Financial Control Function of Saga Group; this role will involve assisting with the end of month balance sheet reconciliations and the provision of data for some of the relevant statutory and internal financial reporting requirements, including National Statistics and VAT.
Saga Group is looking for a self-starter with good initiative and the ability to work independently with minimal oversight. The role will suit an experienced finance individual and it offers the opportunity to study for a recognised finance qualification.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a fantastic opportunity to further develop your career with Saga.
Key Responsibilities of the Assistant Financial Accountant
– Complete balance sheet reconciliations for Saga Group, Retirement Villages, Saga Publishing and Saga Membership including any relevant month end postings
– Proactively monitor and review controls and administer the Group Finance risk register
– Build excellent working relationships with Finance staff across the group to ensure any issues are resolved quickly and efficiently
– Complete all Office of National Statistic requests for review by the Financial Accountant
– Maintain the Group Fixed Asset Register
– Assist in the provision of information to the Group’s external auditors
– Provide ad-hoc support to the rest of the team, as and when required
– Maintain Dream including nominal management
– Assist in the completion of all Tax computations including VAT returns
– Assist in the preparation of Statutory accounts
– Assist with annual P11D and PSA returns
– Maintain the Group invoice authority matrix
– To complete all intercompany transactions on a monthly basis
– Support a ‘One Saga’ team environment to ensure that silo behaviour is not entrenched. Support the team’s Financial Accountant to identify areas of risk or lack of resilience. Proactive approach to sharing knowledge and understanding issues within the wider Group finance team
Experience and skills required of our Assistant Financial Accountant
– Educated to a degree level or AAT finalist with a desire to start ACCA
– Strong numerical skills and the ability to quickly digest detailed financial information.
– Excellent personal effectiveness and time management skills.
– Demonstrate a solid grasp of double entry.
– Experience of building excellent working relationships, with both finance and non-finance colleagues.
– Demonstrate a professional manner, good academic and mental abilities, good inter-personal skills, understand the importance of deadlines and be willing to work towards achieving them
If you would like to join our team as an Assistant Financial Accountant, or find out more information, then please click ‘apply’ today – we’d love to hear from you!