Vitality is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business.
In exchange for your hard work and commitment to Vitality in this Technical Delivery Manager role, we have designed a generous benefits package to reward our employees, this includes;
– A genuine long-term opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
– Our award winning private medical insurance
– A comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
– Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
– Vitality Partners and Rewards
As our Technical Delivery Manager your primary responsibility is to ensure delivery of multiple business and IT projects to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
Responsibilities as our Technical Delivery Manager include:
– As Technical Delivery Manager your technical experience and leadership is key to manage the various inter dependencies of project deliverable’s across multiple releases
– Ensure suppliers and development teams deliver on time and on budget while maintaining high quality standards. Coordinating developments for multiple projects, you will work closely with Project Managers to ensure successful delivery.
– Clear reporting and communication is a key for this role, not only to the IT Leadership Team but also to the various Project Managers, Release Managers and Business Leads
– You will represent IT Solutions on various project and steering boards, ensuring high visibility of progress and take a proactive leadership role in resolving business needs, risks and issues
– This role will manage medium to high complexity projects with cross functional impact across a number of technical systems, domain areas, System Integrators and Third Parties
– Projects will involve constrained resource teams and include significant business change /transformation.
– You will be required to review the need for technical integration within assigned projects, fully scope; document and prioritise requirements and ensure they are signed off by IT
– You will be required to review security and data considerations within assigned projects, fully document and prioritise requirements and ensure they are signed off by IT.
– Ensure that agreement is reached across business functions and Group IT, particularly where there are conflicting interests.
– Provide cost and benefit estimates in order to support the justification for new projects.
– Align solutions to the overall strategy and governance framework
– Working with the governance and frameworks within Vitality and with 3rd party suppliers to ensure consistent quality and speedy delivery.
Skills and Experience required of our Technical Delivery Manager:
– Pragmatic and commercially astute
– Strong leadership and managerial skills
– Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
– Knowledge of and skilled in applying internal auditing and management principles
– Ability to meet multiple operational deadlines
– Ability to develop and evaluate both short range and long-range plans
– Skilled interaction ability both within the organisation as well as with external sources,
– Ability to comprehend and interpret policies, procedures, laws and regulations
– Willingness to work as one of the team, in the detail on audit assignments
– It is essential that the role holder is willing to work in a fast moving dynamic organisation and has the ability to work within a team under pressure across a magnitude of technologies
Essential knowledge and qualifications
– Prior experience working in an organisation subject to regulation by the FCA and be familiar with the constraints this creates.
– Technical Product /Delivery Management within IT
– Delivery of projects within a multi datacentre, multi geographic infrastructure including cloud technologies
– Demonstrable knowledge and experience delivering solutions for system integrations (CRM) with middleware, AWS & UCDL
– Experience of managing cross-culturally
– Technical Background (Networks, IP, Engineering, Telecoms)
– Experience of working within a large corporate environment
– Highly competent in Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint/Visio/Project
– Effective skills in communication, negotiation and persuasion.
– A high level of business acumen and commercial awareness
– Good communication skills back to key stakeholders
– Ability to work under pressure with demanding timescales
– Ability to work in collaboration environment with other technical disciplines
– Ability to produce and maintain high quality project, process and governance documentation
Desirable knowledge, experience and skills
– Degree in an IT related subject
– PRINCE 2 / PMP desirable
– Experiencing working in Agile environment
Working for Vitality as a Technical Delivery Manager you’ll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
Closing Date: Friday 20th July 2018