We are currently recruiting for a Purchasing Assistant to join our Purchasing Team based in Teesside. You will join us on a full time, 12 month fixed term contract and in return will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
Sembcorp Utilities UK is a leading industrial energy, utilities and services provider based in Teesside, and is the powerhouse behind the Wilton International site – one of the country’s most important manufacturing locations. We are part of the Sembcorp Industries Group – a leading energy, water and marine group and trusted provider of essential energy and water solutions across six continents worldwide.
As our Purchasing Assistant you will report to the Purchasing Manager and will provide purchasing support to all business arear within Sembcorp Utilities UK Business, whilst being the first point of contact for both internal and external customers and suppliers.
Responsibilities of our Purchasing Assistant:
– Liaise and to provide purchasing support to all Business areas within Sembcorp UK.
– Negotiate terms, conditions and prices with existing and new suppliers.
– Obtain relevant quotes in alignment with the company purchasing policy.
– Contribute towards meeting Purchasing objectives and targets.
– Develop, maintain and enhance both new and existing supplier relationships.
– Ensure that all purchase orders contain all relevant and correct commercial information.
– Process purchase orders ensuring adherence to Purchasing procedures.
– Benchmark supplier costs and service.
– Negotiate and update Schedules of Rates.
– Undertake cost and price breakdown analysis.
– Manage desk based Supplier assessments.
– Draft and prepare Tender documents.
– Liaise with Engineers and Managers with regard to all stock control issues to ensure resolution.
– Continually review all slow moving stock, and obtain relevant authorisation for stock deletion and disposal.
– Liaise with plant personnel on shutdowns and outages to define requirements and availability of materials. Expedite material deliveries accordingly.
– Ensure verification of annual rolling stock.
– Limited Stores cover which will include accepting deliveries, receipting and issuing goods accordingly.
– Administrate and support the Purchasing Card system, including price negotiation, system updates and amendments
Skills and experience required of our Purchasing Assistant:
– Excellent team working ability.
– The ability to communicate proficiently at all levels (internal and external).
– High standard of numeracy and literacy.
– Proficient use of all Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
– Exceptional problem solving skills.
– Flexible with a positive attitude
– Strong problem solving and communication skills
What can we offer?
We will offer you a competitive salary and benefits package, alongside the opportunity to develop your skills within a challenging and rewarding environment.