We have a new exciting opportunity at Titan Travel part of the Saga Group for an experienced Finance Manager to join our busy team in Redhill & Folkestone. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a highly competitive salary!
Reporting to the Director of Finance, our Finance Manager will lead and manage the Finance and Commercial functions ensuring these crucial areas of the business are fully coordinated and operate in full support of each other. You will apply a broad sense of commercial acumen that maximise the output from these departments.
In addition to providing full support to the Director of Finance, this role has a team of 3 staff (based in Folkestone) responsible for margin analysis and month end reporting, accuracy and timeliness of data, and delivery of the margin.
Key Responsibilities of our Finance Manager:
– Provide full financial and analytical support to the Titan Director of Finance
– Assist in the preparation of detailed annual budgets
– Preparing and loading the monthly margin and overheads forecast
– Preparation of month end schedules, monthly reports and R&O
– Give overview of month end actuals, and variances
– Monitoring overheads spend in line with the actuals & accrue at month end
– Assist the business in making key strategic decisions
– Understanding the business strategy and sales positions in order to maintain accurate and up to date forecasts and budgets
– Review of operating costs and efficiencies
– Ensure Margin report is accurate and robust
– Managing a team of 2 staff
– Oversee the team of Revenue Managers, responsible for achieving budgeted margins for all destinations
– Provide commercial support in proposing strategies to grow revenue and passengers
– Monitor and control Load Factors and capacity
– Ensure accurate and realistic rolling forecasts are produced and communicated to the business highlighting any areas concern
– Build excellent internal relationships and with an emphasis on putting the customer first
– Manage and maintain all Risk associated with Revenue Management
– Ensure unrivalled levels of customer service and quality are delivered to our external and internal customers.
– Manage, motivate, support and develop direct reports to achieve success
– Strive for efficiency and consistency in work practices
– Adopt a flexible, enthusiastic and driven approach to achieving the financial goals of the business
– Contribute to maintaining a high level of housekeeping and attention to health and safety issue so as to create a healthy and safe working environment
Knowledge and Experience needed to become our Finance Manager:
– Good standard of secondary education
– ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant
– Able to use Excel to a high level of competency
– Knowledge of Business Objects would be desirable but not essential
– Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, to be able to interact with senior financial and non-financial personnel
– Understands the importance of deadlines
– Ability to shift priorities and operate in a quick changing, fast decision making environment.
– Analytically strong
– Ability to develop ideas and challenge current practise
– Demonstrate a professional manner